Thursday, September 01, 2005

Depressed? Take Ashely Judd's Cue and Try Yoga

"Kiss The Girls" actress Ashley Judd, who was diagnosed bipolar a decade ago, says that she prefers Yoga to pills to combat depression.

"My mat is a safe place. I'll go into Child's pose or I'll simply sit on it and cry. It's my rock. I haven't been depressed in a while, but it's something I know how to look for in my life. Yoga has made a big difference there," Judd is quoted as saying.

Judd said that all that comes with yoga was more helpful to her than pills she was prescribed.

If taking antidepressants concerns you, you might just want to give it a try.
Additionally, yoga is said to;
_ Decrease anxiety
_ Improve memory and attention
_ Elevate mood
_ Increase flexibility
_ Increase lubrication of the joints, ligaments and tendons
_ Detoxify the body
_ Tone muscles

No comments: